Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Learning & Loving

I have no idea how to wrap up my emotions into one suitable phrase that will describe my life as it stands today.

This time last week my beautiful baby girl was almost a full 24 hours old. A whole day - her first day in this brand new, big, scary world. She's much older now, a full week and a day and is doing great. That day that I delivered her was like nothing I could have prepared myself for. The pain was no fun, but that all goes away when you see that little face. I am grateful for the experience of carrying her, knowing that this little person that I now hold in my arms was the rugrat kicking me and causing me horrible heartburn for 9 months. I thank God that she is healthy.

What a roller coaster of emotions, all the things you read for months and months suddenly come into play and you find yourself frozen almost by all of it happening at once. Lots of learning, loving, and admiring - moments where you feel completely overwhelmed and unsure of yourself, then moments where you just know you were meant to be a mom.

She entered this world on her own time and she has already proven to be an independent spirit. I can't wait to raise her and provide the opportunity to become anything she wants. Cliche, yes, but it's truly inspiring to have this life in your hands.

Welcome to this world Brooklyn girl.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh Heather, she is beautiful. Congratulations. Life gets crazier from here, but SO worth it!

Carrie Burr said...

Wow!! Already been a week. She looks so cute, I can't wait to see her in person again soon. I'll be out of town this weekend, but want to plan some time to come see her (and you) next week. Have fun watching The Brooklyn Show.