Wednesday, August 12, 2009

All the single ladies (and gents) ...

with kids. Props. Seriously. PROPS to you.

Dom caught a 6:00 a.m. flight on sunday to NYC. He's crazy like that, the 6:00 a.m. flights. He thinks that is when you have your best shot at making it to your destination on time. He's right. Last year when I was prego with B and we flew there I whined about booking a later flight. So, because I was prego and ruled the house at the time we did, and we got to shop at the Houston airport for oh, about 8 hours. No argument on that one. Honey, you were RIGHT. (OMG I said it outloud!)

So it's been the stinker and I since Sunday and it's been awesome. I love spending 1:1 time with her, watching her grow, discover, and express herself. She is literally changing by the moment. I have learned this week that she loves to dance, sways back and forth and bounces to music. So f'ing cute! She also now can understand me when I ask her to go get another book from her toy bin. She waddles over there, peruses the options, makes a selection, and walks towards me holding the book in front of her, and she's proud. I'm proud.

She also eats a lot, and is messy. Messy = more cleaning. She hasn't slept great this week due to a cough so we're tired. Oh, then the diapers, and bath time, getting ready for school, playtime, climbing on our treadmill, and getting into everything she shouldn't be. It's constant.


Do not misinterpret that in the sense that I don't want to be doing it, it's just so nice to have a teammate, and my husband is a great teammate. I am ready for him to be home so I can sit my ass down when its his turn. Not to mention I have concluded that while I like some alone time, I LOVE his presence, our conversation, and his head next to mine every night.

So, to all you single parents out there, you are ROCKSTARS and my new HEROES.

Come home "DA-DA!"

6 comments:

Sierra said...

You are a rockstar too and that is an adorable picture of your hubby and baby!

--Heather-- said...

TOO CUTE!!! My little one is trying to use a fork, but I don't think he is ready, or maybe I'm not ready... (He still needs me)


btw: most of the pictures on my blog were of me sliding... brown crazy hair, red top, black skirt... don't tell anyone, I'm supposed to be grown-up!

j.sterling said...

awww- i told someone else today too who was talking about having the kiddos on her own while dad is away.. if you had to do it (single mom) you totally would. and you'd be great and wonderful at it. :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

busy lady! I can't imagine having to do all of that with kiddos! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest picture and you have a wonderful blog. I enjoy reading it all the time.
Kristina's Mom

Life, Love And Lola said...

These pictures are priceless!!