Friday, January 2, 2009

For auld lang syne, my dear

So we rang in the New Year with much success. KQ had folks over and as always we had a blast. New Year's Eve last year we were in Manhatten and I had just taken a pregnancy test that turned out to be...yeah...you guessed it...positive! I know that I have said this probably 10 times in this blog but it is crazy how time goes by SO fast.

The close of 2008 and the start of 2009 is encouraging. A new start for everyone, even though to some it may just feel like another day. The craziness of my life has slown down considerably, and I no longer seem to be that interesting to people anymore, which is a good thing. For awhile there those of you that know me can attest to my life seemingly being a hot topic of conversation many folks thought was their business to be in. 2007 was worse, but it carried into 08 and I'm hoping someone else besides me becomes their drama.

So here is to old friends, thank you for being you. To new friends, glad to have met you and look forward to memories to come. To Dom, thank you for everything you do, you are a wonderful father and have given me such peace. To Brooklyn girl - you are my angel. To my family, what a journey - I love you. To everyone - Happy New Year and good luck in the 09. It's going to be a great year.

No comments: