Monday, December 15, 2008

Bootcamp buzz?

So most of my prego weight is off, a victory yes, but my stomach is not herself. Saggy, depressed, and needs a bit of a pick me up. So, I've given it about a half ass effort of getting on my treadmill (too cold and dark to walk my hills anymore!), doing some yoga, even tried recording Cardio blast on FitTV and jumped around in my living room for about 30 minutes. On my way to get a bottled water I stopped at the Santa jar filled with M&M's and had a few. E for effort, hardly. ;)

This weekend at a Christmas party I was talking to a wife of one of Dom's co-workers who has signed herself up for bootcamp and says it's totally worth it. She has 3 kiddos, and manages to wake up at 5:00 a.m. to make the 5:30 workout and I'm very impressed and slightly interested. Before having a child the thought of waking up to workout was like asking me to give up queso or ranch dressing, not going to happen. But now that I have Brooklyn if I get to sleep until 5:00 it's a great night! So I'm contemplating, there is a camp starting in January that meets at the Hill Country Galleria. 4 weeks, 3 days a week at 5:30 seems do-able. I wonder if it's all the buzz though and can help tighten me up a bit. To be continued...

1 comment:

Juanita said...

I did this bootcamp about 3 months after I had Anthony. I did the 5 day a week one at 5:15. Busted my behind and ate right and lost nothing and went up in body fat! The trainer couldn't believe it. She said it was because I had still been breastfeeding a little. Maybe you would have better luck with it. The week after it finished I ordered the Slim in 6 dvd's and after 4 weeks had toned up and lost the last 10 pounds I was trying to lose.