Monday, August 25, 2008

Take a moment

I had a great birthday weekend and I plan to update my blog with some bday pics and details but more pressing things are on my mind today. I got a call late Saturday night from Perri and she told me her Aunt Cindy died that afternoon in a car accident. Unfortunately I didn't pick up that call as we were at the bar and it was really loud, so I had to listen to that news over vmail - and I didn't pick that up until Sunday morning. We talked on Sunday and although I feel helpless here I hope that at the very least me listening to her and providing all the support I can over the phone will help some.

Aunt Cindy was her mom's sister, and I had met her many times. She meant so much to so many people and it's unbelievable to think that on her way to out Saturday evening she'll never return to anyone. When things like this happen in life we all should take a hard look at what we are spending our time stressing over, trying to make perfect, complaining about, etc... At the end of the day I bet we all have it pretty damn good. Things like this happen in life and there is no rhyme or reason, which is how I can define the word 'faith.' This is the only thing that can somehow make sense of things, but getting through that process is always a tough road to travel. God bless Aunt Cindy, and her grieving family. I am grateful to still have my opportunity to tell those around me that I love and appreciate them - you should all do the same. Life truly is short, so take a moment and love it.

No comments: