Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blame it on the rain...

Something happened yesterday that hasn't happened in forever - it RAINED! We got 1.80 inches of rain in Lakeway and my power even went out. It was the most wonderful thing I have seen in a long time. Islands had been showing up on Lake Travis, our grass is brown, and everything just looks like it could use a long drink. Well, yesterday, we got one. In case you have forgotten, here is what rain clouds look like:


If I could I'd have it rain all week. It was so nice to be home with my windows open, the rain pouring down...makes me pretend to be all crafty. I wrote some thank you cards and worked on my maternity book.

Yesterday I discovered where all the Lakeway women that don't work go. Any guesses? Target. The place was packed and I fell victim to what Target does best - fills your cart up with things that you don't need. Poor husbands working to make a living and Target capitalizing on their wives boredom. I quickly got out, but only to make it over to a cute boutique called Point of Origin where I bought a wedding gift, some Tyler candles, and some cards. It's dangerous not working - between grazing my pantry and spending money on things I don't need I could get myself into some trouble!

Today I practiced some self discipline. Met Angie for lunch at Ztejas, which she graciously picked up and then I walked Barton Creek Mall and came out with nothing. I think that's largely due to the fact I can't fit my fat ass into anything cute and I'm done with maternity clothes. Saw some cute baby clothes of course but I think until Brooklyn arrives I should probably hold off a bit.

So thanks to you rain for making my week great so far, it was nice to have you - please come back and visit us!

No comments: