Thursday, August 14, 2008

Last day of work tomorrow!

Last day of work is tomorrow, I can't believe it! It's so awesome to know that next week I can do whatever the hell I want to, assuming B doesn't decide to come early. I plan to get organized, although I have been 'nesting' and I don't know what else to do. The kitchen was cleaned out and rearranged, closet has been done, her room is completely done - clothes are in order I swear the hangers are an exact inch apart. What is that? It's temporary - because I know once she's here we will never see her closet as straight as it is now. I'll have to post some pics of her nursery soon, it turned out to be so beautiful, and soft.

The crazy part about being done with work is that I have that sense of OMG she's almost here. I'm not sure if any of you mom's out there felt this way (I'm sure you did), but suddenly I have these waves of excitement, and of apprehension. Apprenhension defined with nerves, not regret. Mike D was nice enough today to send me an email from one of his friends that just had a baby, naturally, and said it was the worst pain EVER. Thanks friend. I know the epidural option is available but I am at least going to attempt this natural thing. If I don't make it - so what. So there is anxiety about that but really more than anything it's this feeling of vulnerability knowing you have this little life that you are now responsible for. I know it will all fall into place as it should but 'whew' the unknown can be overwhelming. Dom has been pretty cute, I think the reality has set in for him recently and freaked him out a bit too. Today he ordered her some Jets onesies for football season. When they start to suck mid game I'm sure he'll change her clothes immediately, but it will be cute while it lasts. Daddy's little girl? I'm afraid so.

So, time to close the chapter of work life w/out kiddos. Next time I arrive at that office I will have a whole different set of priorities. Talk about perspective. Farewell Small World Labs, for a few months. I won't miss you.

No comments: