Monday, April 5, 2010

Case of the Mama Mondays

My husband called me this morning after he dropped our daughter off to tell me she had the worst break down ever as far as school drop off goes. Her school is right near his work so he takes and picks up every day. I am very grateful for this as it can be taxing on one person to do this every single day. Every morning he drops her off, watches her kick and scream, and starts his work day. We know this is normal behavior, they get over it as soon as you leave, but sometimes knowing that doesn't make it any easier.

Today was especially bad he said, lots of kicking and screaming "No DADDDDDYYYYY!!!!

When she woke up this morning she was in a great mood saying 'good mor-ing!' to us as Dom brought her downstairs. She asked for me and just laid on my chest for a few silent, still moments. My favorite times. She was acting goofy, dancing to Barney, enjoying pancakes & her 'bna-na'.

We do this routine 5 days a week and most days go really smooth. Others, like this morning, suck. I miss her, I want to stay home, comfy in our pj's, coloring, reading, playing, exploring...nap time after lunch while I get myself together, play on Facebook, blog, clean, start dinner, do some laundry. Wake up and go to the park, get home have a snack and wait for Daddy to get home. (Notice in my perfect world there are no meltdowns and tantrums to deal with). :)

It has nothing to do with dreading my actual job, that's not really the case at all. It has everything to do with just having a case of the 'mama Mondays'.

No comments: