Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Glucose and such

I went to the Dr. this morning and did my glucose screening test. Bring on the orange drink, let's do this. She handed me the bottle and said I have 5 minutes to drink it, I went and sat down, drank it, and handed it back to her within the minute. I guess my beer chugging days have paid off as she said it must have been a record. I can't be bothered taking my time with that bottle of nasty, I just have to get it done.

I met with my doctor and we went over the same basic set of questions -

How are you feeling? Good, big.
Can you feel the baby kick? He performs several routines to kung-fu fighting on a daily basis, so yes.
Anymore problems with vomiting? Not because of this little guy but I did catch a 24 hour stomach virus last week, thoroughly enjoyed that.

Anything else for me?

Hmmm...I do have a horrible chest cold, can you just write me something for that? You know, the good stuff. Blank stare, the half effort smile, and finally answers with, "why don't you see how it plays out over the next few days and call me back." WHATEVER lady.

Ay ay ay, I am truly trying to focus on this pregnancy and enjoy it, take compliments from people and really appreciate them but the day to day grind coupled with annoying chest colds is making this week a LONG one!

At least I left knowing my chugging skills are still in me, orange drink's got nothing on this mama.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, I downed that stuff too and tried really hard not to pewk it straight back up. Beer is more fun.

Synergy Girl said...

Gotta love the orange crap...and I don't know about you, but our office gives you like 3 flavor options...lemon, orange, strawberry...really?? As if something else will be better?? Eh...it's not so much the orange drink as the nausea that inevitably follows for me...probably all the sugar coupled with no food...

SUCKS that your doctor wouldn't hook you up with something for the cold. I am REALLY REALLY crossing my fingers that the cold passes me over this year...please!!!!

TheFitHousewife said...

Yuck, I totally remember that nasty soda stuff!

When I was pregnant with my 2nd, I got a terrible cold and couldn't taste anything for days! I went to the doctor and they were like, nope sorry, can't give you anything! UGH, that was awful.

Hope you feel better soon!

Grand Pooba said...

Okay, I'm not sure how you're going to react to this question, but I seriously gotta know as someone who has never had kids.

Is having kids worth all that?