Thursday, June 4, 2009

Orange CRUSH

I'm no organic hippie, not yet anyway, but I am working every day to eat healthier. It's a lifestyle change - BUT - there are just some things I will never give up. NEVER!

If I could take three things with me to a deserted island to survive one of them would be ranch dressing. Name one thing you can't dip in ranch that isn't good? Name it. Can't, can you? Survival mechanism #1.

Cheese - #2
Coors light - #3
What? There a fruits and veggies on the island.

I do find myself buying more fruits and veggies than ever before so I know we are on the right track. Not quite perusing the Whole Foods isles yet, but that is out of mere intimidation - "What is that?...huh...wtf does that say...is that real food?"

It's all REALLY changed for me now that Brooklyn is eating BIG people food. I want her to be a healthy child, eating fruits and veggies, but I can't deny her the sugar rushes either can I? So, we are compromising. She gets to play with, and eat, a chocolate covered donut on Saturday morning, and an occasional popsicle. When she gets older I'll be all about the funnel cake at the carnival, cotton candy, etc...but I'm shooting for balance. The rest of the week we are trying other things, rice cakes, peaches, yogurt, etc...and just recently, Oranges. I have never seen this child eat anything like she can eat an orange. Devours it. Juice everywhere, one big sticky mess. Awesomeness.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So cute! I don't have kids yet, but I have a plan (delusion) that I won't allow sugar. I'm going to give them fruit and tell them it's candy. I don't think it will work. One day they will have to meet the grandparents... the same people who raised me, and I'm a total sugar addict.