Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

I've had a great weekend so far. I always called my mom and acknowledged Mother's day and her commitment to her kiddos, but I didn't necessarily need to be reminded by a certain day to do so. I actually have always felts that days like Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's, etc...are just another commercial ploy at stealing more of your money. We all fall for it, yes you do.

But, selfishly, now that I am a mother I really am enjoying the publicity and attention. Mine started on Thursday when I got flowers from Dom, a beautiful bouquet to show off in my office. Also serves as a reminder to all the men I work with to do something for the mothers in their life. What....mothers day.....wife....oh yeah....shit.

Saturday was a great day, we got up early and did the March of Dimes walk for babies. God, I was an emotional wreck. It was an experience that I loved and will do year after year. Walking for our babies and those that have lost, beautiful faces and little feet sticking out of strollers. In the evening we went to a steakhouse out in Spicewood - Backstage Steakhouse. Food was fantastic, I recommend everyone go try it. They had live music too, and the guy playing invited Brooklyn up on stage. He is a pediatric nurse in the daytime and was overjoyed to have a little baby up on his stage. She rocked out with him, playing his guitar and his piano as he sang "Somewhere over the rainbow" to her. I cried.

This morning I woke up to fresh coffee and breakfast, Dom got up with Brooklyn so I could sleep. It was a cute attempt, although with Mickey Mouse clubhouse blaring on the TV I had a hard time 'sleeping in.' I swear if Mickey Mouse came through my door and I hear "oh toodles" or "hot dog hot dog hot diggety dog" I might just punch him. Love the guy but NOT WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP IN. I suppose I need to see a therapist before that trip to Disney World. ;)

Brooklyn is asleep, Dom is out working in the yard, beautiful day. I hear I'm having dinner made later this evening, and a pedicure is all set up too. Yeah, I can get used to this day of pampering and acknowledgement. I love it, but I love being a mom. Thank you angel for giving me the opportunity.
Happy Mom's day to all of you rockstars! What a job, but what a reward.

No comments: